Weed Seeds for Sale in Quebec
Cannabis in Quebec became legal when the federal government passed the Cannabis Act on 17 October 2018. Quebec is the largest and the second-most populous province in Canada. It has the strictest cannabis laws that only authorize the growing of cannabis by companies or individuals with Health Canada-issued cultivation permits. With 81 authorized growers producing cannabis in Quebec, it’s only critical that growers find the best weed seeds for cultivation, especially in a province strictly watchful about cannabis production.
If you’re looking for cheap, high-quality, and stable cannabis seed strains in Quebec, search no further than Weed Seeds Canada (WSC). We are a leading Canadian seed bank supplying marijuana seeds for all commercial and private growers, regardless of their budget. Whether you’re looking for massive yields or very interesting phenotypes, we’ve got you covered.
Why WSC is the Place to Go
Weed Seeds Canada boasts an unrivaled selection of marijuana seed strains, making us the leading Quebec seed bank. Our extensive experience in industrial seed production enabled us to find gaps in the industry. By leveraging science and technology, we differentiate ourselves from other seed banks to ensure our customers get the best seeds backed by a memorable customer experience and satisfaction.
Here are reasons why you should turn to WSC for weed seeds:
- Best selection of seeds – We provide wide-ranging cannabis seed varieties to appeal to different types of consumers. With WSC, you’re guaranteed to find the perfect seed for your cultivation operation, from feminized and autoflowering strains to fast-flowering and balanced hybrids.
- Stable, proven genetics – We understand that stable seeds are the foundation of providing customers with the same experience with each product use. We take a fresh approach to seed production, carefully selecting and thoroughly testing every seed to ensure it has trait stability. They produce cannabis crops with consistent height, terpene and cannabinoid profiles, disease resistance, and maturity dates.
- Thousands of satisfied customers – WSC seeds appeal to thousands of consumers thanks to their unique flavor profile, reliable growth tendencies, and an array of effects. And we don’t stop at that; we back up our seed quality with exceptional customer service for a memorable purchasing experience.
- Quickest shipping in Canada – Shipping times can make or break a customer’s experience. That’s why we provide the quickest shipping in Canada by dispatching all orders the next after payment confirmation. No need to wait for your seeds for days; we’ll ensure your marijuana cultivation operation runs seamlessly – without downtimes.
Buy Seeds that Thrive in Quebec
Quebec experiences a continental climate. In the south – Montreal and Quebec City – where most Quebecers live, the climate is characterized by warm summers with plenty of rain and cold, snowy winters. WSC understands the Quebec climate and provides over 700 seed strains. To specifically serve our customers in Quebec, we provide the following:
- 50+ fast-flowering strains
- 200+ autoflower strains
Whether you’re searching for strains with soaring THC levels, mellow CBD strains for medicinal use, or strains with incredible yields, you can be confident that you’ll find the perfect seeds that thrive in QC.
Most seed banks in Canada ship seeds to customers after one, two, or three days. That’s a lot of time wasted, which may drawback your growing schedule. WSC provides the quickest shipping in Canada, shipping all orders the next business day after payment confirmation. With our high-quality stealth packaging, you can be confident your order will reach you safely and discreetly, 100% guaranteed.
Source Cheap Seeds Quebec
After investing in cultivation space and the necessary equipment, the next hurdle is to find high-quality cheap seeds to put into your pot. As you search for seeds, you’re bombarded with advertisements for cheap marijuana seeds. That’s a no-brainer – besides, why buy a bunch of seeds at a high price when another QC seed bank is selling more seeds for less?
Don’t be fooled; the legalization of cannabis has led to exponential growth of the marijuana industry. Like any other lucrative sector, the cannabis market has seen an increase in disreputable operators selling cheap, low-quality seeds in search of a quick buck. They usually buy cheap generic seeds in bulk from a wholesaler, repackage them, and market them using wild and exaggerated claims to cash in on the growing markets.
The only problem with online searches is that the internet is not a quality filter. You might get caught up analyzing the best pot seeds, but genetics have the final say. The only caveat is that you can never know what’s inside cheap seeds until they have sprouted and developed into crops. It’s not uncommon to find a grower who has done everything right to nurture their seedlings only for the crops to underperform, display trait instability, and yield dismally.
If you want marijuana seeds that produce quality crops and high yields, do your research and buy from credible sources.
Even so, there are particular seeds you want to watch out for because of their undesired characteristics. They include:
In commercial cannabis production, marijuana crops are generally female; the male plants are often destroyed. The problem with hermaphroditism is that the cannabis plant naturally develops both male and female flowers. That’s an undesired trait when growing marijuana for consumption because the plant self-pollinates, leading to too many seeds that reduce flower quality and yields.
To avoid purchasing hermaphrodite seeds, always read the comments by other cultivators on a particular strain and the seed bank’s advice and recommendations. Usually, if there are comments about hermaphroditism of a specific strain, the breeder often removes it from the market.
The only way you can guarantee your customers the same experience with each product use is by growing stable seeds. Stability means balanced genetics that creates a strain with all the desired characteristics of color, root length, disease resistance, biochemical profiles, etc. It’s a painstaking process with extensive development, selection, testing, and PVC genetic engineering. The process can take one to two years.
Most operators don’t want to put in the work, expertise, and patience to produce stable seeds. As a result, the cannabis industry is putting out seeds with trait instability. The downside to unstable seeds is that they may not develop. If they do, they produce inconsistent potency levels, low yields, poor cannabinoid profiles, varied plant heights, and poor disease resistance.
Sometimes seed banks store marijuana seeds for many years. While that’s a great way of preserving desired genetics that performs particularly well, old cannabis seeds tend to lose their germination power. Exposure to elements typically causes the seed coat to harden and the embryo (inside the seed) to become depleted. Therefore, it loses the juice necessary to produce the energy needed for the shoot to break the shell and grow through the soil to the ground.
Therefore, farmers must soak old seeds in water for an extended time or pre-treat old cannabis seeds to get them to sprout. Sometimes they may never germinate even after doing everything to trigger germination.
Rogue operators may have proliferated the cannabis industry, but that doesn’t mean that all cheap seeds in the market are low quality. WSC believes that everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy the recreational and therapeutic benefits of cannabis, regardless of their budget. That’s why we provide the best cultivars at affordable prices. You can choose from fast flowering and autoflower seed varieties or get a hybrid pack to spruce up your garden.
WSC provides a customer-friendly payment option to make your seed purchases a breeze. We use Interac e-Transfer to offer an easy, fast, and secure way to send money anywhere, anytime. E-Transfer is available on all mobile banking apps, enabling our customers to send money regardless of where they bank.
To send payment using Interac e-Transfer, follow these steps:
- Get started by enrolling your email address or phone number through your mobile banking app or Interac e-Transfer app.
- Log into your banking app and select the account
- Add our email address as the recipient
- Enter the amount and security question/code, and share the answer or code with us
- Once you transfer the money, we’ll accept the payment by entering the security answer or code you shared. It’s worth noting that the transfer is irreversible once the payment is accepted.
The Right Time of the Year to Grow Cannabis Outdoor in Quebec
Summers in Quebec are warm, comfortable, and wet, while winters are freezing and snowy. Understanding the climate is critical to ensure you grow your cannabis plants outdoors at the right time of the year.
How long is the growing season outdoors?
The typical growing season is between May and September for growers in the south (Montreal, Quebec City, and the surrounding areas). However, the weed season can be shorter in the northern cities, so autoflower strains are the best suited for the short season, which usually starts in June to late August.
When should growers plant their seedlings?
Cannabis growers in Quebec usually plant their seedlings outdoors in early May. Generally, it’s recommended to start germinating your seeds indoors in early March so that you put out plants with heights ranging from 16-24 inches by May 1st. If you live in the northern regions, keep the plants potted, as you might need to move them indoors at the end of the growing season to avoid frost.
When should growers look to harvest?
Cannabis cultivators in Quebec can expect to harvest their cannabis in October. However, make no mistake by harvesting your crops before they are ready. Ripeness is critical, and marijuana crops require 8-10 weeks of flowering to ripen fully. A plant is ready when 90% of its flowers’ hairs have turned orange, and the trichomes appear milky white.
Growing Weed Indoors from Seed
There’s no right or wrong when weighing between growing cannabis indoors or outdoors. However, indoor growing is the best way to protect your cannabis crops from outdoor elements. With indoor growing, cultivators can replicate the optimal conditions for weed cultivation in an indoor space with regulated temperatures, light, CO2 production, ventilation, humidity, etc.
Pot growers have access to technologically-updated equipment designed for indoor cultivation, enabling them to create and maintain various climatic conditions suited for different strains and hybrids.
The following are the advantages of growing cannabis indoors:
Indoor cannabis cultivation enables you to voluntarily trigger flowering and choose when you harvest. You can grow marijuana year-round through summer or winter without compromising the crops’ consistency. Therefore, you can enjoy multiple harvests that set you up to beat outdoor crops and get higher returns before supply causes the price to drop.
More potent and higher yields
Since cannabis plants grow in a controlled indoor environment, the flowers develop higher trichome count and dense nugs, making them more potent than outdoor-grown marijuana plants. Additionally, you can let the plants grow as big as you want, resulting in higher yields.
Flexibility to use hydro, aero, and other automation
An indoor farm provides cannabis growers the flexibility of using various techniques to grow their crops. Climate change concerns continue to pressure farmers to use less water, and several technologies have revolutionized indoor farming with a high emphasis on producing quality and high-yielding plants.
- Hydroponics – NASA first conceptualized hydroponics for growing crops in space. Since then, it has proven to be an effective farming technique on earth. In hydroponics, the plant roots are either suspended in nutrient-rich water full-time or fed through an intermittent water flow. Because of these high moisture levels, crops grown in hydroponics have a greater risk of exposure to bacteria and foreign objects.
- Aeroponics – Aeroponics is a form of hydroponics, but it’s slightly different. In aeroponics, the crops’ roots are suspended in the air (not in water) and fed through an “arm” that sprays a nutrient-rich mist onto the roots. Plants are grown in frames with built-in computer systems that read and regulate every detail of the crop, including fertility, light cycles, pH levels, and environmental conditions.
That enables cultivators to grow plants with strong stalks and healthy roots. Besides, vertical farming uses 98% less water, significantly less land, and eliminates the need to use pesticides, herbicides, and other harmful chemicals.
The Best Fertilizer for Growing Weed Outside in Quebec
When growing weed plants outside, the crops may not grow to their full potential because they can’t get all the nutrients and elements they need from pure soil, water, and air. It’s up to you to feed the plants and nurture them into healthy and massive crops. Fertilizers enable you to provide the elements that the flower needs. Growers must regulate nutrient supply, depending on the stage in the growing process that the plants are in.
Fertilizers are manufactured products sold as plant nutrients and applied to the soil in powder or fluid form. They usually include:
- Primary nutrients: nitrogen (N), phosphorous (P), and potassium (K)
- Secondary nutrients: calcium (Ca), magnesium (Mg), Sulphur (S)
- Micronutrients: boron (B), copper (Cu), chlorine (Cl), iron (Fe), Zinc (Zn), and molybdenum (Mo). These are administered in small amounts, usually to treat nutrient deficiencies.
Understanding the NPK Ratio
The three elements necessary for healthy plant growth are nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium.
- Nitrogen (N) promotes the growth of healthy green leaves
- Phosphorous (P) encourages the development of buds, flowers, and fruits
- Potassium (K) is essential for the development of healthy shoots and roots
The NPK ratio represents the proportion of nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium in any fertilizer. It’s often shown on the packaging label as a series of three numbers. For instance, a fertilizer with an NPK ratio of 4:3:8 means it contains 4% nitrogen, 3% phosphorous, and 8% potassium.
Choosing the right fertilizer at each stage of the growing process is essential to ensure your cannabis crops flourish. Below are the three stages of the cannabis growth cycle and the nutrient needed at each stage:
- Seedling stage – This is when cannabis seeds sprout and develop into seedlings. Because seeds contain all the nutrients the seedlings need to germinate and grow their first few leaves, you need not add any additional nutrients.
- Vegetative stage – Use a fertilizer with a higher nitrogen content during the vegetative stage because nitrogen promotes the healthy development of plants. It’s an integral part of chlorophyll; without it, the crops can’t make food to get the energy needed to grow.
- Flowering stage – Phosphorous is essential for the plants to produce large, healthy flowers. Without phosphorous, plants will exhibit signs of underdeveloped roots and may not even flower. One sign of phosphorous deficiency is when the plant develops a purple hue in the leaf veins.
Meanwhile, potassium promotes the healthy growth of roots and shoots. It also triggers ATP production, which stores energy produced in photosynthesis to help the crops grow. Potassium deficiency makes plants appear weak, starved, and burnt.
Sometimes it’s best to work with the soil to grow your cannabis crops organically. Organic fertilizers are made of organic matter, which are nutrients you can source from the local garden center. These fertilizers are usually pre-mixed with soil and sold as ready-to-use products.
Alternatively, you can dig a ditch or find a compost bin to create fertilizer using household waste, such as fruit and potato peelings, vegetable waste, and dried leaves and grass. Compost is mixed with the soil before potting. Once you’ve potted the mixture and placed your seeds to germinate, there’s no need to add other fertilizers as the compost fertilizer nourishes soil organisms that enhance fertility. Your only task will be to water the plants.
The plants grown use organic nutrients blended with the soil, and you can use the following additives and buffers:
- Blood meal
- Clay pebbles
- Bat guano
- Dolomite lime
- Bone meal
- Fish meal
Autoflower THC Seeds
Feminised THC Seeds
The Most Viable Strains to Grow Quebec
Over 90% of the people in Quebec live in the southern region, particularly in Montreal, Quebec City, and other surrounding areas. The growing season in these areas is between May and September, which means the cannabis plants have five months (20 weeks) to grow into healthy flowering crops. For this reason, outdoor cannabis growers can actually grow most of the strains in our catalogue, from fast-flowering and feminized seeds to autoflowering and hybrid seed strains.
In the north, the growing season is shorter (June to late August) and can only support autoflowering strains, which grow within 8-10 weeks. However, indoor growing allows cultivators in Quebec – in the north and south – to grow weed strains year-round, because indoor spaces enable them to control optimal environmental conditions for cannabis to thrive independent of the outdoor weather.
Top 3 Sativa Weed Strains to Buy QC
Green Crack Fast Seeds
Green Crack Fast Seeds is reminiscent of the American war against crack cocaine in the 80s, and you can tell from its name. However, that’s where the similarities end. This high-yielding sativa-leaning strain contains up to 18% THC content, making tokers feel uplifted and energized. Thanks to its dense terpene profile, this strain delivers a citrus, tropical, and earthy flavor that accompanies a range of wellness benefits, including relief from depression, fatigue, pain, stress, and lack of appetite. A high-yielding strain, Green Crack takes 6-7 weeks to grow, producing an indoor yield of 400-600g/m² and 1100-1300g per plant in outdoor yield.
Gorilla Scout Cookies Seeds
This magnificent strain boasts rich colors, a dense and aromatic crust of resin, and delivers a one-of-a-kind knockout experience. Featuring a potent blend of two award-winning strains – Gorilla Glue #4 and Thin Mint Girl Scout – this strain boasts up to 25% THC and less than 2% CBD, and you can expect to wallow in the miasma of euphoria and relaxation after a few citrus-flavored hits. It also has wellness properties that fight depression, nausea, pain, stress, and lack of appetite. Gorilla Scout Cookies takes 8-10 weeks to flower, and indoor growers can expect yields of 400-550g/m² and 350-600g per plant from outdoor-grown crops.
Jack Herer Autoflower Seeds
If you’re looking for a balanced hybrid strain, choose these Jack Herer Autoflower seeds. Named after the legendary marijuana activist and author, this strain contains up to 16% THC and less than 2%, enough to give you a euphoric cerebral kick. It has a strong terpene profile (such as eugenol, limonene, Alpha Pinene, etc.) that lace each smoke with a sweet haze flavor. Health-focused consumers will relish its ability to relieve symptoms of depression, anxiety, muscle spasms, stress, and migraines. These seeds take 8-9 weeks to flower and produce 350-400g/m² and 60-80g per plant in outdoor yield.
Top 3 Indica Marijuana Strains to Buy QC
If you’re searching for the best Indica strains to grow in your commercial operation, here are the top strains that will blow your customers’ minds:
Jack Herer Cookie Seeds
These Jack Herer Cookies seeds are the deal if you want to grow a strain that provides a nice blend of sativa and indica. It’s a sublime combination of Girl Scout Cookies and Jack Herer Fem. Although it’s heavy in indica genes, it delivers a nice balance of energy and relaxation that recreational consumers and medical experts love. With up to 26% THC and 2% CBD, this strain is an effective therapy for depression, fatigue, eye pressure, migraines, pain, and stress. If you grow this weed strain, your indoor and outdoor yields will be 400-500g/m² and 600-700g per plant, respectively.
Critical Gorilla Glue Autoflower Seeds
Critical Gorilla Glue is a hybrid with more indica genes and boasts a decadent scent and flavor profile with hints of chocolate, citrus, coffee, and diesel. This legendary strain contains 22% THC and about 2% CBD, delivering a euphoric, happy buzz with a tinge of sedative effects. This strain is also clinically significant, thanks to its ability to relieve symptoms of depression, cramps, anxiety, migraines, and stress. These autoflower seeds take 8-10 weeks to flower and produce 450-550g/m² in indoor yields. Outdoor growers can expect yields of 100-200g per plant.
Grape Ape Autoflower Seeds
If you love fruit candy, you’ve just found its cannabis equivalent. Grape Ape autoflower seeds produce dense smoke that smells and tastes like dark fruit and grape. This indica-dominant strain boasts 24% THC and 2% CBD and is, therefore, not recommended for newbies. A few hits of this incredible cannabis hits your brain and deliver a powerful and balanced cerebral buzz that makes you feel relaxed after a day’s work. After just 8-10 weeks, indoor growers can expect yields of 450-500g/m² and 80-140g per plant from outdoor-grown plants.
The Advantages of Autoflower Seeds
Autoflower strains are a variety of cannabis that triggers the flowering stage on its own after the vegetative phase, regardless of the amount of light it receives. While they initiate the flowering stage through the change of the light cycle, photoperiodic strains remain in the vegetative stage indefinitely as long as they receive 18 hours of light every day.
Autoflowers are the best-suited strain for growing in Quebec because of the following factors:
- Shorter turnaround times – Autoflower strains grow within 8-10 weeks so that you can have multiple harvests within a growing season.
- Shorter plant height – Autoflowering cannabis crops hardly grow taller than 3 feet. They are small enough to fit inside cabinets and other tight spaces, perfect for growers living in crowded areas like Montreal and Quebec City, where discretion is paramount.
So, why grow autoflowering weed seeds? Well, they take a relatively shorter time to flower. They are low-maintenance crops during their life cycle and are resilient to unforgiving conditions. They are forgiving of minor mistakes and will thrive just fine even when neglected a little.
The Value of Feminized Seeds
Feminized seeds are cannabis seeds engineered to produce only female flowers. Therefore, they’ll only and always grow into female plants. The main difference between feminized seeds and autoflower strains is that the latter can produce both male and female crops.
Feminized seeds have several characteristics that offer growers value for their investment. They have:
- Longer grow time – Feminized (photoperiodic) strains grow from seed to harvest within about 75 days as long as they get 18 hours of light daily. They will keep growing as long as they get that amount of light. If you’re an outdoor grower, your plants will grow for about a month and then initiate the flowering stage.
- Taller plant heights – Feminized cannabis seeds grow and develop into plants that measure not less than 2 meters in height.
- Larger yields per m² – As mentioned, feminized seeds can grow as big as possible with enough consistent light. That means you can cultivate them indoors and nurture them to enormous sizes that deliver huge, heavy buds for increased yields per m².
Feminized cannabis seeds guarantee you’ll produce only female plants that produce incredibly large buds that house impressive THC levels and terpene profiles. That ensures higher yields per plant because no male plants pollinate the female flower. That leaves the plant to focus its energy on producing bud after bud after bud.
Are you looking for the best weed strains to grow in Quebec? Partner Weed Seeds Canada; we offer over 700 seed strains to cater to all types of growers. You can find cheap, stable, and high-quality strains, from fast-flowering to autoflowering strains, with a range of sativa and indica hybrids. Purchase seeds today, and enjoy a bountiful cannabis season.
Frequently Asked QuestionsGet the latest updates on Cannabis Culture in Quebec from Weed Seeds Canada. Our writers are not lawyers and this page should not replace legal advice from a lawyer. We are marijuana seed farmers not legal professionals so read on about weed cultivation and use in Quebec at your own risk.
Is it legal to buy marijuana seeds in Quebec ?
Yes, souvenir seeds bought for collection and novelty purposes are legal in QC. Save your marijuana seed in a humidity and temperature controlled environment like a jar in the basement. Collect all 619 varieties today.